xposted to both of my journals.... here and insane...
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your IJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use—or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not — it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. $100 for the laptop I wanna buy from a friend at work. She's in college.. nursing student and it's got a loose connection or needs a new battery.
2. A weekend to myself with said laptop. (I'm sole caregiver to my mother. I need time away to just be me.)
3. Fanart based on one of my stories. I would adore you forever.
4. Fics as well..happy endings for Lucius/Remus, Harry/Severus, Ron/Draco...
5. any of the QAF, SG-1, The Kindred season.. I don't care if they are copied and burned to DVD.. I'm not a picky person
6. Chocolate, dark chocolate, or mint chocolate, or mint dark chocolate. Different candies from around the country...or world.. No offense.. it makes my Mom happy.. Mmm.
7. Notebooks and colored ink pens.. and pencils...I Love writing in different colors..
8. My collection of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series.. rebuilt..
9. I wanna meet some people from fandom... I can't go far... (and Hope I don't make a fool of myself)
10. Christmas Cards! :: I have cards to send!!!
If you've got questions or feel like talking--I'm always up for a chat!
Email is :: firstname.lastname@example.org